Bugs, conflicts, and troubleshooting[edit | edit source]
- If there is Flash in the area where the player bar appears, the player may not layer on top of it properly. See Flash content displays on top of all DHTML layers tech note at Adobe.com.
- THE FUCKING VOLUME CONTROL DOESN'T WORK PROPERLY!!!!!!
- If you are using the Snapshots in-browser MP3 preview module there will be an ugly but not destructive conflict where the Yahoo! Media Player adds play buttons, Snapshots adds preview pop-up windows for the play buttons which appear when you hover over them, and the Yahoo! Media Player tries to add itself to the Snapshots pop, which already has play buttons and a big player. For now there is no way to fix this except to disable Snapshots.
- If you want to use a Shoutcast stream, see Shoutcast support.
- If you want to add the player to a page *after* the page has initially loaded, you have to call a function to activate it. The function is YAHOO.music.WebPlayer.asyncLoadPlayer(). If you add the player before the body onload event has been fired, you do not need to explicitly invoke this function because this function will be invoked automatically when the onload event is fired. This issue comes up mainly in bookmarklets.
- note: replacing localhost with the ip address (eg 192.168.1.3) in the url works.
- Also calling the webpage with the ip address rather than localhost works. Also setting up a host name and using that works. Seems the problem is the word 'localhost'.
- The TrackResume Add-on brings up an error when paused and then go to another page with the same add-on on it. ( fix found email email@example.com for fix ) :D
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.